Rich in Vitamins
The main citrus fruit, sold by OSTENTATION FRUIT EXPORT have a high content of vitamin C and citric acid , which gives them that characteristic acidic flavor.
Native of tropical and subtropical Asia , this genus contains three species and numerous cultivated hybrids, such as lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit and mandarin, with various varieties depending on the region in which each is grown. For this reason, our company takes care of selecting the products “in situ” and in this way is able to offer the best of each crop, region and country, providing the most demanding international market with such products. Our continuous effort is focused on finding solutions to ever-changing market conditions.
There are different types of citrus trees that, moreover, are prone to form hybrids, hence the great variety of fruits that we can offer.
These are the types of citrus that our company commercializes
- Lime: the most acidic of all citrus fruits; in fact, nearly 8% of its weight is citric acid.
- Lemon: with up to 5% citric acid in its juice, with a fresh and intense aroma that makes it very useful in creating drinks.
- Mandarin: grown for over 3000 years in China and India. They are relatively small and flattened, with a red skin that peels easily, possessing also a rich and intense aroma.
- Oranges: they make up almost three quarters of world production of citrus. They are very versatile thanks to their moderate size, tenderness, juiciness and acidity.
- Graperfruit: sThis is a hybrid of sweet orange and grapefruit prouced in the Caribbean in the eighteenth century. Water is the main component of this citrus, so the grapefruit has a low caloric value, but is known for its richness in vitamin C and folic acid.
- The kumquat or ‘dwarf orange’: belongs to the family of the Rutaceae, the citrus genus. It is the smallest citrus fruit and the only one whose peel is edible.
SELECTION OF CITRUS